Maybe you’re thinking of changing occupations, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Hermann, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively quick certification program, it is possible to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Hermann, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Hermann, MO will offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Hermann, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of adults in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you must have the expertise to be able to handle individuals who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As in just about any job, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the nature of the tasks can vary tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make certain that the program you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Hermann, MO listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013