Maybe you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are trying to find a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Highspire, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Highspire, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Highspire, PA will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Highspire, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the expertise to be able to manage people who might be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you are going to be part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very extensive field, and the variety of work varies considerably from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being part of a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure the you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Highspire, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013