If you’re contemplating changing careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Homestead, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, you could change occupations in a short time.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Homestead, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Homestead, PA should provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Homestead, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the United States have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the expertise to understand how to deal with individuals who might be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in almost any vocation, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very extensive field, and the nature of the tasks may differ greatly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make certain that the you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Homestead, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013