Maybe you’re contemplating changing professions, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Houston, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty fast certification program, you will be able to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Houston, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Houston, MO will provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you much more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Houston, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you. Ashford delivers relevant degree programs to you everywhere, any time, with a supportive community where you belong.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of men and women in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the expertise to understand how to manage people who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As in almost any industry, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the type of tasks will vary drastically from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make certain that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Houston, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013