Maybe you’re considering changing professions, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Irving, TX. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Irving, TX?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Irving, TX must offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Irving, TX
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant-Certificate
Get hands-on training with South Texas Vocational Technical Institute. We offer a number of diploma programs in the skilled trades and health and wellness fields at our campuses in Weslaco, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Brownsville, Texas.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Quest College is dedicated to providing career-focused, accessible education and helping individuals get the training, experience and support for the Allied Health and business industries.
- Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy and EKG
- Patient Care Technician
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you must have the ability to understand how to handle individuals who are fearful of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in almost any career, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the work varies significantly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field towards the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Irving, TX shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Irving, TX reviewed by Chloe REYNOLDS on June 1.
Thank You for creating such a useful website. I was able to get more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for my situation. I’m now ready to start my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013