If perhaps you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Irwin, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Irwin, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Irwin, PA must offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Irwin, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the expertise to be able to manage people who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe fearful patients.
As with just about any job, you are going to be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the variety of work can vary drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Irwin, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013