If perhaps you’re thinking about changing careers, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Jacinto City, TX. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you can change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Jacinto City, TX?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Jacinto City, TX will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Jacinto City, TX
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant-Certificate
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Get hands-on training with South Texas Vocational Technical Institute. We offer a number of diploma programs in the skilled trades and health and wellness fields at our campuses in Weslaco, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Brownsville, Texas.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Quest College is dedicated to providing career-focused, accessible education and helping individuals get the training, experience and support for the Allied Health and business industries.
- Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy and EKG
- Patient Care Technician
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of men and women in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the expertise to be able to handle individuals who might be afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As with just about any occupation, you will be a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the variety of tasks ranges significantly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a position in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Jacinto City, TX listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013