If you’re considering changing occupations, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Jermyn, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you could change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Jermyn, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Jermyn, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Jermyn, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you will need the ability to understand how to deal with patients who are fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with nearly every occupation, you are a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of tasks differs considerably from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is able to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Jermyn, PA shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013