If you’re considering changing occupations, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Jermyn, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you could change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Jermyn, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Jermyn, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Jermyn, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you will need the ability to understand how to deal with patients who are fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with nearly every occupation, you are a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of tasks differs considerably from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is able to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Jermyn, PA shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013