If you’re thinking of changing professions, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Johnsonburg, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty fast certification program, you will be able to change occupations quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Johnsonburg, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Johnsonburg, PA must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Johnsonburg, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. As many as 75 percent of adults in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the skills to understand how to manage patients who are scared of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As in almost every profession, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the type of tasks differs significantly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you select offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Johnsonburg, PA listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013