If perhaps you’re thinking about changing careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Kahoka, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you can change professions fairly quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Kahoka, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Kahoka, MO will provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Kahoka, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the United States have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you will need the expertise to understand how to handle people who may be terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm worried patients.
As with almost every job, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of work will vary drastically from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to do more advanced tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Kahoka, MO shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013