If you’re considering changing professions, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Kearney, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Kearney, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Kearney, MO should provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real world experience makes you much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Kearney, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the ability to understand how to deal with individuals who may be fearful of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As with just about any profession, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of tasks differs considerably from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Kearney, MO listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013