Maybe you’re considering switching careers, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Kenhorst, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Kenhorst, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Kenhorst, PA should provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Kenhorst, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the skills to understand how to manage people who may be fearful of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in virtually any profession, you will be a part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the variety of work may differ drastically from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Kenhorst, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013