Maybe you’re considering switching occupations, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Lake City, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you will be able to change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Lake City, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Lake City, PA must provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Lake City, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with top grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the skills to be able to handle individuals who might be scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in almost every industry, you are part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the nature of the work varies greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the you choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Lake City, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013