Maybe you’re considering switching careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Lake Zurich, IL. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically swift certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Lake Zurich, IL?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Lake Zurich, IL should provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real life experience makes you far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Lake Zurich, IL
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assisting Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Veterinary Assisting
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. As many as 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the expertise to know how to handle individuals who may be afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the experience to calm worried patients.
As in almost every job, you will be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks varies tremendously from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the program you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Lake Zurich, IL listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013