Maybe you’re contemplating changing professions, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Liberty, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you could change careers quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Liberty, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Liberty, PA should provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real life experience makes you considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Liberty, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you should have the ability to understand how to manage individuals who are frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with virtually any job, you are part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the nature of the work may differ greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Liberty, PA shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013