If you’re considering switching professions, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Lovejoy, GA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Lovejoy, GA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Lovejoy, GA will offer a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Lovejoy, GA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you need the ability to understand how to handle patients who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with almost any vocation, you will be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the variety of work ranges considerably from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a job in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Lovejoy, GA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013