If perhaps you’re contemplating switching professions, and are searching for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Manchester, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather fast certification program, you can change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Manchester, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Manchester, PA will offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real world experience makes you considerably more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Manchester, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the expertise to know how to deal with individuals who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to calm fearful patients.
As with almost every occupation, you will be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the variety of tasks ranges tremendously from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is able to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Manchester, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013