If you’re considering changing careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Marcus Hook, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Marcus Hook, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Marcus Hook, PA will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Marcus Hook, PA
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the expertise to understand how to deal with people who are frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with almost every vocation, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the variety of tasks may differ tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Marcus Hook, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013