If you’re considering changing careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Marcus Hook, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Marcus Hook, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Marcus Hook, PA will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Marcus Hook, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the expertise to understand how to deal with people who are frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with almost every vocation, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the variety of tasks may differ tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Marcus Hook, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013