If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Marionville, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Marionville, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Marionville, MO should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Marionville, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Up to 75 percent of all men and women in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the ability to know how to manage individuals who might be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As in just about any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the variety of tasks differs significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Marionville, MO shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013