If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Marionville, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Marionville, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Marionville, MO should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Marionville, MO
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Up to 75 percent of all men and women in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the ability to know how to manage individuals who might be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As in just about any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the variety of tasks differs significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Marionville, MO shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013