Maybe you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Martinsburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty quick certification program, you will be able to change careers very quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Martinsburg, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Martinsburg, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Martinsburg, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of all adults in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the skills to understand how to deal with people who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical experience to relax nervous patients.
As with virtually any profession, you are part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the variety of tasks can vary greatly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you obtain a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Martinsburg, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013