If you’re thinking of changing professions, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Masontown, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively swift certification program, it is possible to change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Masontown, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Masontown, PA should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Masontown, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
- Massage Therapy
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Commercial & Industrial Maintenance Technician
- IT Support Specialist
- Cyber Security
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you need the expertise to understand how to deal with patients who may be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As with just about any industry, you are going to be part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of work will vary drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the school you choose offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Masontown, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013