Maybe you’re considering switching careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Meyersdale, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, you can change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Meyersdale, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Meyersdale, PA must provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Meyersdale, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you need the expertise to be able to manage patients who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to relax worried patients.
As with just about any industry, you are going to be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the nature of the tasks will vary significantly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Meyersdale, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013