If you’re considering changing careers, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Mohnton, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Mohnton, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Mohnton, PA should provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Mohnton, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Hardly any job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Nearly 75 percent of adults in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you need the expertise to understand how to deal with individuals who may be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical experience to relax worried patients.
As in almost every profession, you will be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the nature of the tasks will vary considerably from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Mohnton, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013