Maybe you’re considering changing occupations, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Moultrie, GA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Moultrie, GA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Moultrie, GA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Moultrie, GA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the ability to know how to deal with patients who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to relax worried patients.
As in nearly every career, you will be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the nature of the work may differ tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the you choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Moultrie, GA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013