If perhaps you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Mount Oliver, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Mount Oliver, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Mount Oliver, PA will provide the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real life experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Mount Oliver, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Up to 75 percent of all adults in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you will need the expertise to know how to manage patients who may be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As with just about any career, you will be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of work varies tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Mount Oliver, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013