Maybe you’re considering changing occupations, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Mount Penn, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Mount Penn, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Mount Penn, PA should provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Mount Penn, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the skills to be able to handle patients who may be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm frightened patients.
As in virtually any career, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the nature of the tasks differs significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make certain that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Mount Penn, PA listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013