Maybe you’re contemplating changing professions, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Mountain Grove, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you can change careers quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Mountain Grove, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Mountain Grove, MO should offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Mountain Grove, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you will need the skills to be able to deal with people who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the experience to relax nervous patients.
As in virtually any job, you will be part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks may differ considerably from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Mountain Grove, MO listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013