If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Mountville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty fast certification program, it is possible to change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Mountville, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Mountville, PA must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you way more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Mountville, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of men and women in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the skills to know how to deal with people who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As with almost any profession, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the type of tasks differs greatly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Mountville, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013