Maybe you’re considering switching careers, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Myerstown, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you could change professions very quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Myerstown, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Myerstown, PA should provide the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Myerstown, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the US are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you must have the ability to understand how to manage people who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the experience to calm nervous patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you will be a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the nature of the work can vary tremendously from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to help you obtain a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Myerstown, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013