If you’re contemplating switching careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Nesquehoning, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat swift certification program, you can change careers fairly quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Nesquehoning, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Nesquehoning, PA will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Nesquehoning, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of men and women in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you will need the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with just about any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of work ranges tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Nesquehoning, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013