If you’re contemplating switching careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Nesquehoning, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat swift certification program, you can change careers fairly quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Nesquehoning, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Nesquehoning, PA will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Nesquehoning, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of men and women in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you will need the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with just about any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of work ranges tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Nesquehoning, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013