Maybe you’re thinking of switching occupations, and are in search of a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in New Boston, NH. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near New Boston, NH?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in New Boston, NH will provide the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in New Boston, NH
- Professional Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Hardly any job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be frightened of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As in virtually any vocation, you are going to be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the variety of work ranges greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the you select offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near New Boston, NH displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013