If you’re thinking about changing careers, and are trying to find an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in New Eagle, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat fast certification program, it is possible to change professions fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near New Eagle, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in New Eagle, PA will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in New Eagle, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. As many as 75 per cent of all men and women in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the ability to know how to handle individuals who may be scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the experience to relax worried patients.
As in almost every vocation, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diverse field, and the type of tasks will vary greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near New Eagle, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013