Maybe you’re thinking of switching professions, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in New Hope, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you could change careers in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near New Hope, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in New Hope, PA should provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in New Hope, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the skills to know how to manage people who might be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm worried patients.
As in nearly every career, you are going to be a part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks differs tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you select offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near New Hope, PA shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013