If you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in North Wales, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, you could change careers very quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near North Wales, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in North Wales, PA will provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you way more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in North Wales, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you will need the ability to be able to manage patients who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As in just about any occupation, you are a part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the nature of the work ranges greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near North Wales, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013