Maybe you’re considering switching occupations, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Odessa, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Odessa, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Odessa, MO will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real world experience makes you considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Odessa, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. As many as 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the expertise to be able to manage people who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and being confident enough with the knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As in almost any vocation, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks varies significantly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Odessa, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013