Maybe you’re contemplating switching careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Ontario, OR. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty fast certification program, you could change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Ontario, OR?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Ontario, OR must offer a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides multiple benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Ontario, OR
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- We're now Non-Profit.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the ability to know how to manage patients who are frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As in just about any vocation, you are a part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks can vary tremendously from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the program you choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Ontario, OR listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013