If you’re thinking of switching careers, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Pennsburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you can change careers quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Pennsburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Pennsburg, PA will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Pennsburg, PA
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the skills to be able to deal with people who are frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the experience to relax frightened patients.
As in almost any career, you will be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the nature of the tasks will vary greatly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Pennsburg, PA shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013