If you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Philipsburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you could change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Philipsburg, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Philipsburg, PA must offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Philipsburg, PA
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of men and women in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you need the skills to understand how to handle patients who may be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with almost any job, you are going to be a part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the variety of work will vary greatly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Philipsburg, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013