If perhaps you’re considering changing careers, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Pitcairn, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Pitcairn, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Pitcairn, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real life experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Pitcairn, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you must have the expertise to be able to deal with people who might be frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical experience to soothe nervous patients.
As in almost every occupation, you will be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of work may differ significantly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Pitcairn, PA shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013