If perhaps you’re considering switching careers, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Pleasant Valley, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you could change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Pleasant Valley, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Pleasant Valley, MO should offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Pleasant Valley, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be scared of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the experience to calm nervous patients.
As with nearly every profession, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the type of work varies tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure that the program you select offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Pleasant Valley, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013