Maybe you’re thinking of changing careers, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Riverside, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty fast certification program, it is possible to change professions fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Riverside, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Riverside, MO will provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Riverside, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. As many as 75 percent of all adults in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you must have the skills to be able to manage patients who are terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As with almost any job, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks can vary tremendously from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure the program you select offers it, or is able to help you obtain a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Riverside, MO listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013