Maybe you’re thinking of changing careers, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Riverside, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty fast certification program, it is possible to change professions fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Riverside, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Riverside, MO will provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Riverside, MO
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. As many as 75 percent of all adults in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you must have the skills to be able to manage patients who are terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As with almost any job, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks can vary tremendously from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure the program you select offers it, or is able to help you obtain a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Riverside, MO listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013