If you’re thinking of switching careers, and are trying to find an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Rock Hill, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you will be able to change professions quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Rock Hill, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Rock Hill, MO will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Rock Hill, MO
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Up to 75 percent of all adults in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As in almost any career, you will be part of a team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work differs drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Rock Hill, MO listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013