If you’re thinking of switching careers, and are trying to find an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Rock Hill, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you will be able to change professions quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Rock Hill, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Rock Hill, MO will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Rock Hill, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Up to 75 percent of all adults in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As in almost any career, you will be part of a team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work differs drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Rock Hill, MO listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013