If perhaps you’re contemplating switching occupations, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Royersford, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather quick certification program, it is possible to change careers in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Royersford, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Royersford, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This presents multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Royersford, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the ability to know how to deal with people who are afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to soothe frightened patients.
As with nearly every profession, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the variety of work can vary considerably from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Royersford, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013