Maybe you’re thinking about switching careers, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Salem, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, you could change occupations in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Salem, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Salem, MO will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This provides many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Salem, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the ability to know how to deal with people who may be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As in almost every vocation, you will be a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks varies tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make sure the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Salem, MO listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013