Maybe you’re thinking of changing professions, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Seneca, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, you will be able to change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Seneca, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Seneca, MO will provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Seneca, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the ability to understand how to manage patients who are frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As with almost any profession, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of work differs tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Seneca, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013