If you’re thinking about changing careers, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Sharpsville, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Sharpsville, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Sharpsville, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real life experience makes you substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Sharpsville, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to know how to deal with patients who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in nearly every profession, you will be a part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the nature of the work varies considerably from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Sharpsville, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013