Maybe you’re thinking about changing professions, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Shrewsbury, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather quick certification program, you will be able to change careers very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Shrewsbury, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Shrewsbury, PA must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real-world experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Shrewsbury, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Up to 75 per cent of adults in the US are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you will need the skills to be able to handle people who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the practical experience to relax nervous patients.
As in virtually any industry, you will be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of tasks will vary drastically from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Shrewsbury, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013