If perhaps you’re thinking about switching careers, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Sinking Spring, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat swift certification program, you could change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Sinking Spring, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Sinking Spring, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real-world experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Sinking Spring, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Up to 75 percent of men and women in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you will need the ability to understand how to manage individuals who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the knowledge to soothe fearful patients.
As in nearly every job, you are a part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work ranges greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Sinking Spring, PA shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013