Maybe you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are searching for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Smithville, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather swift certification program, you will be able to change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Smithville, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Smithville, MO will offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Smithville, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the ability to understand how to deal with individuals who may be fearful of tooth and gum procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm worried patients.
As with virtually any industry, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the type of tasks ranges greatly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental office in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make sure the school you choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Smithville, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013