If perhaps you’re contemplating switching careers, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in St. Robert, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather fast certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near St. Robert, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in St. Robert, MO must provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real-world experience makes you much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in St. Robert, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the United States suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the skills to be able to handle people who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to soothe fearful patients.
As in almost every vocation, you are going to be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks may differ drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the school you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near St. Robert, MO listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013